First Steps With a Trial
This document assumes you are a developer and you have been provided with a user id (Uid) and a temporary password to a Trial Account. For example:
Uid: email@example.com, Pw: asd8YY
- Documentation: https://docs.transactiveltd.com
- API Swagger definitions: https://api.transactiveltd.com/swagger
- Postman API sample collection: https://www.getpostman.com/collections/4796e8f7851c05a14733
What are the next steps of the configuration process that will let you begin testing the Transactive API?
1. Login and change you password
- Visit the Transactive Portal at https://portal.transactiveltd.com and log in with the Uid and Pw you have been provided.
- Under your name at the right of the top menu select "My Profile"
2. Create a new Application and obtain a bearer-token
- Click "Register New Application". Enter a name meaningful to you and an email address any notifications should be sent to.
- Select the authorities the application should have. For your initial testing we suggest selecting Reporting, Payments and Admin. However you can create tokens with any combination of authorities.
- Click Submit to create the Application. Important! Copy the bearer token and keep for later use.
3. Use Postman to make some API calls
With a bearer token you can now make API calls. We suggest exploring the API with Postman. To do this:
- Install the Postman application from here: https://www.getpostman.com/apps.
- Start up and log into Postman
- Import the link to the Postman collection specified in the rescue section above.
- In Postman at the collection level, change the 'bearer_token' variable from the default value to the bearer token from step 3 above.
- You should then be able to execute the sample API calls provided in the collection.
4. Integrate to your systems
Using the Postman samples as a guide you can easily integrate your systems to the Transactive API. If you encounter any difficulties please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.